Dear Graduating Senior:
We are pleased that you are considering applying for a scholarship offered by Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Delta Sigma Theta is an international public service organization founded at Howard University in 1913. The Lansing Alumnae Chapter is one of more than 900 chapters in the sorority throughout the world.
• 2.5 GPA (cumulative) or better on a 4.0 scale
• Be a citizen of the United States
• Must graduate from a high school in the Greater Lansing area
• Be a minority student
• Completed and signed application (include photo)
• Official high school transcript
• Letter of acceptance to a college or other educational institution
• A typed brief essay of why do you think you would be a worthy recipient of this scholarship
• Two one-page letters of recommendation from individuals other than family members who are familiar with your accomplishments.
If any item or portion of the application is omitted, the entire application will be disqualified.
Completed application packets must include all of the required materials in a single envelope. Packets must be postmarked by Monday, April 15, 2013.